Cattle health, marketing and pasture weed control are among the items on the agenda for the 2018 River Valley Beef Cattle Conference set for Feb. 14 in Russellville, Ark.
The conference will be held at the Hughes Center, 1000 E. Parkway Ave. Registration opens at 8:30 a.m. and is $20 at the door. Contact your county Extension office for more information. The conference winds up at noon with a steak lunch.
“We have a solid line up of speakers for this year’s conference to address issues that are on the minds of our cattle producers,” said Bob Harper, Logan County Extension staff chair for the University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture.
This year’s agenda:
- 9:05 a.m. – Welcome - Perry McCourt - Farm Credit Services of Western Arkansas
- 9:10 a.m. – Disease prevention and minimum vaccination program for beef cattle
- Chris Ashworth, DVM - Zinpro Performance Minerals
- 10 a.m. – Cattle working facilities overview - Shane Gadberry – Professor, ruminant nutrition, U of A System Division of Agriculture
- 10:30 a.m. – Marketing cattle and calves - J.J. Jones – Oklahoma State Ag Economics
- 11:15 – Pasture weed control - John Boyd, weed scientist, U of A System Division of Agriculture.