The program for the first statewide conference on growing hemp will include industry experts from around the world.
Organized by the Missouri Hemp Association LLC, the “Seed to Sale” event includes topics such as genetics, crop nutrition, CBD production, industrial fiber and seed production, and marketing. The event will be July 30 at Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center in Columbia, Mo.
“We looked across the globe to find the best people we could find for this conference,” MHA Executive Director Dale Ludwig says. “We have speakers from all over the U.S., as well as speakers from Canada and Europe.”
Topics and presenters include:
- Dr. Babu Valliyodan of Lincoln University in Jefferson City, Mo. He will discuss “The Future of Hemp Production” in Missouri.
- Anndrea Hermann of The Ridge International Cannabis Consulting & Hemp Technologies in Manitoba, Canada. Hermann will discuss “Hemp Fiber Production and Markets.”
- Francisco Manzano of the Kimitec Group of Almeria, Spain. Francisco will cover the “World Outlook for Hemp Markets.”
- Kirk Azevedo will deliver the keynote address on “Growing Hemp 101.” Azevedo is the president of Riparian Biosupport Inc. of San Luis Obispo County, Calif.
- Levi Swanson, owner of Linn County Seed and Flower of Brookfield, Mo., will follow him. Swanson will discuss “Hemp Genetics.”
A producer panel will feature speakers Azevedo, Hermann and Swanson, along with Ceally Smith of The Original Hemppreneur and My Daily Choice of Kansas City, Mo., and Dan Kuebler, a certified organic vegetable market gardener in Columbia.
“If you intend on growing hemp in Missouri, this is a conference you need to attend,” Ludwig says. “These speakers will give us the best idea of how to be successful in growing hemp in the 2020 growing season.”
The full agenda, along with more information and conference tickets, is on the association website, mohempassociation.org.
Conference sponsors include AgTeamPro, Kimitech, The Original Hemppreneur, BigYield.us, HempWorx CBD, and Premium Waters Inc.