THE LOUISIANA Grazing Lands Conservation Coalition — a coalition of livestock producer organizations and private landowners — is hosting meetings across Louisiana to educate livestock and poultry producers about the conservation provisions of the Farm Security and Rural Investment Act of 2002.
During the meetings, representatives from the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Natural Resources Conservation Service, the LSU AgCenter and the Louisiana Grazing Lands Conservation Coalition will provide information on the conservation programs that are available in the 2002 farm bill.
Each meeting will last from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m.
The meeting locations are:
- Aug. 12: LSU AgCenter Red River Research Station, 262 Research Station Drive, Bossier City.
- Aug. 13: Ike Hamilton Expo Center, 501 Mane St., West Monroe.
- Aug. 19: Brumfield Caffey Annex, LSU-Alexandria, 8100 Highway 71 South, Alexandria.
- Aug. 20: LSU AgCenter Extension Office, 157 Cherokee Way, Crowley.
- Aug. 26: Terrebonne Parish Sheriff's Rifle Range, 2100 Savanne Road, Houma.
- Aug. 27: Firemen's Hall, 61591 Highway 51, Amite.