Adavelt active is the new brand name for a novel fungicide that will offer farmers curative and protectant disease control of a wide range of pathogens in multiple crops. Corteva Agriscience, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont, anticipates launching this new active ingredient in product formulations globally with first registrations planned for Asia Pacific in 2023, pending applicable regulatory reviews.
Adavelt is the first active ingredient to be released from Corteva Agriscience and its R&D pipeline that combined Dow AgroSciences, DuPont Crop Protection and DuPont Pioneer. A fully synthethic neopicolinamide fungicide, Adavelt has favorable regulatory, toxicological and environmental profiles. Adavelt shares the same mode-of-action as Inatreq active which will soon be launched in European cereals and banana markets; outside of these markets Adavelt will be a new mode-of-action for targeted pathogens.
“We are excited to be launching a new era of innovation at our company,” said Neal Gutterson, Corteva Agriscience Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer. “This is just the first of a number of new tools and solutions from Corteva Agriscience to meet farmer and consumer needs.”
Highlights of Adavelt include:
- Controls a wide range of pathogens including Septoria spp, Powdery Mildews, Botrytis spp, Anthracnose, Alternaria, Scab, Monilinia and others;
- Delivers effective control on many crops grown globally, including cereals, vines, fruits, nuts and vegetables;
- Offers applications which span multiple growth stages for improved efficiency; and
- Provides control to protect both yield and quality.
- Adavelt is a next generation picolinamide fungicide.
Source: Corteva Agriscience, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont