The 2019 Symposium on forage-related topics is Feb. 18-20 at the Chula Vista Resort in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin.
The Symposium, which is hosted jointly by the Midwest Forage Association, Professional Nutrient Applicators Association of Wisconsin and Wisconsin Custom Operators, will provide some of the latest and most relevant forage-related educational sessions the Midwest has to offer. It features university, industry, agency, and farmer speakers from across the Midwest. Session topics include:
- Consolidations and innovations in the forage industry
- Disease and fungicide update for corn silage
- What’s new in chopper technology
- Get your wakeup call: silage & manure safety
- MFRP/AFRP/Checkoff research lightning sessions
- Adding value with an autonomous baler
- Financial Tune-Up: Scheduled maintenance or downtime?
- Economics of large square bale size
- What’s new in balers & wrappers
The 2019 Symposium will also feature University of Wisconsin-Extension Manure Applicator Training 101 the afternoon of Feb. 18, and is $5 for participants who register for both Tuesday and Wednesday sessions. The event also features Commercial Pesticide Applicator Training and Pump Schools.
Full program preregistration for association members is only $115, and single-day and multiple-person farm/business registration options are available. Reserve a room by calling the Chula Vista Resort at 855.839.7817 (booking ID Code: G39304).
For a full agenda, more information, or to register online, visit the MFA website at http://www.midwestforage.org/.