More than 3,500 FFA members, teachers, parents and others involved in ag youth development will be attending the 90th Minnesota State FFA Convention April 28-30 at the University of Minnesota.
Events will be held at the Continuing Education Conference Center on the St. Paul campus and the 3M Arena at Mariucci in Minneapolis.
This year’s convention theme, “Aspire to be, Reach for the Horizon,” encourages and invites Minnesota FFA members to pursue personal, educational and career goals using the wide array of leadership and supervised agricultural experiences provided by the FFA organization, according to Joel Larsen, agricultural education and advisor for the Minnesota FFA.
During the convention, FFA members will complete in more than 25 state career development events and receive recognition for outstanding achievements in supervised agricultural experiences. Minnesota FFA chapters also will be recognized for their contributions to their schools and communities.
Convention events include:
• Reflections and Talent, Sunday, April 28, 5:30 p.m., 3M Arena at Mariucci, Minneapolis campus
• General Session, Monday, April 29, 8:30 a.m., CECC 135, St. Paul campus
• FFA Career Connections in Ag, Food and Natural Resources, Monday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., MN State Tent in Lot 104
• General Session, Proficiency Awards, Monday 1:30 p.m., 3M Arena at Mariucci, Minneapolis campus
• Foundation Reception, Monday, 4 p.m., Club Room Level, 3M Arena at Mariucci. Tickets are $25 per person
• Awards Program, Monday, 6:30 p.m., 3M Arena at Mariucci, Minneapolis campus
• General Session, Agri Science Awards, Tuesday, April 30, 8:45 a.m., CECC 135, St. Paul campus
• Final Session, Tuesday, noon, 3M Arena at Mariucci, Minneapolis campus