Farm Progress

Wind turbines; Super M International tractor; Turbo saw; Crescent tools; Continental Belton belly mower; roll-top covers

March 1, 2007

2 Min Read


I am interested in hooking up with an energy co-op or contractors in my area to help me build wind turbines on my farm. Your article “Wind power your future” (December 2006, page 12) got me started. Do you know someone I can call for more information?
Fred Csiky
Kinsman, OH

At the U.S. Department of Energy Web site at, you can download a 27-page booklet titled “Small Wind Electric Systems: An Ohio Consumer's Guide” that answers such questions as “what do wind systems cost, where can I find installation and maintenance support, how much energy will my system generate, and can I connect my system to the utility grid?” Another good source of information is the American Wind Energy Association. You can call the association at 202/383-2500, e-mail your questions to [email protected], or visit


I am looking for a hydraulic system for my 1954 Super M International tractor from M&W Gear in Anchorage, IL.
John Rader

The Web site address for M&W Gear is The phone number for the company's parts division is 800/446-5158. The fax number is 800/782-0126.


I would like information about the Turbo saw. Who is its manufacturer, and is it available in central Nebraska?
Nick Dutcher
Scotia, NE

Contact Dougherty Forestry Mfg. Co., 30250 Jensen Rd. W., Hinton, OK 73047, 405/542-3520, or send an e-mail to [email protected].


I am looking for a 15-in. adjustable wrench made by Diamond Tool and Horseshoe Company.
Lloyd Cadelbach
Buffalo Lake, MN

The Diamond Tool and Horseshoe Company was bought by Copper Hand Tools in Raleigh, NC. The company integrated the tools into the Crescent brand, and they are now marketed under that name.


I am looking for parts for a Continental Belton belly mower for small tractors. I think the company was originally located in Belton, TX.
Rolland F. Thomas
Mondamin, IA

Contact Ag-Meier Industries LLC, Belton Division, 1000 E. 6th Ave., Belton, TX 76513, 800/446-7319,


Do you have phone numbers for roll-top truck cover companies? Thanks.
via e-mail

Three major tarp manufacturers (discussed in “On a roll,” January 2003, page 62) are ShurCo, 800/474-8756,; RollRite, 800/297-9905,; and Aero Industries, 800/535-9545,

Subscribe to receive top agriculture news
Be informed daily with these free e-newsletters

You May Also Like