January 1, 2008

1 Min Read


Grain drill boxes

I am looking for grain boxes for a 1983 United Farm Tools Speedy Drill. The boxes are 79 in.
Gene Grudzinski
Ashton, NE

United Farm Tools was sold a few years ago. The grain boxes for your drill are available through Art's Way Manufacturing Company, Box 288, Armstrong, IA 50514, 712/864-3131, www.artsway-mfg.com. Other United Farm Tools equipment, such as grinder mixers, was sold to W&A Manufacturing Company, 1810 S. Ohio St., Pine Bluff, AR 71601, 870/534-7420, www.wamfgo.com.

Ferguson rake

We have an old Ferguson rake with a PTO drive. We can't find parts for it. It's a great machine and we don't want to scrap it. Can you help?
Scott VanderWal
Volga, SD

AGCO Corporation handles the Massey Ferguson line. It provides an easy-to-use dealer locator online at www. agcocorp.com. Or contact AGCO Corp., 4205 River Green Pkwy., Duluth, GA 30096, 888/989-8525.

Too big?

We often see stories in magazines such as this on how “big” things seem to need to be [“Boom times, November 2007, page 34]. I see this picture [of a 240,000-bu. grain bin], and the first thing I think is that this is a prime example of why we need payment limitations on the government program. I would like to know how “big” his farm program payment is! I question how young farmers are supposed to get a start when they must compete against these types of operations. Please do more stories on our young farmers. That is where the future in ag is. It is also where your future readership is at. Thanks!
Brian Timmerman


Subscribe to receive top agriculture news
Be informed daily with these free e-newsletters

You May Also Like