Western Farm Press Logo

California has vacancies on fertilizer panelCalifornia has vacancies on fertilizer panel

Committee to advise on matters concerning efficient use of fertilizing materials and irrigation water.

May 22, 2023

1 Min Read
Fertilizer applicator
Fertilizer is applied to a field.USDA ARS

The California Department of Food and Agriculture Fertilizer Research and Education Program is announcing four vacancies on the Fertilizer Inspection Advisory Board’s Technical Advisory Subcommittee.

This subcommittee serves as an expert scientific panel on matters concerning efficient use of fertilizing materials and irrigation water. Subcommittee members assist in setting research priorities for the FREP Grant Program, review and recommend research and outreach proposals to the inspection board for funding, and advise on FREP activities.

FREP is funded through a mill assessment on the sale of fertilizing materials. FREP funds and facilitates research, education and demonstration projects to improve proper use of fertilizing materials and irrigation water in agriculture. The program serves researchers, growers, agricultural supply and service professionals, extension personnel, public agencies, consultants and the public.

Subcommittee applicants must demonstrate technical, applied and scientific expertise in the fields of agronomy, soil science, plant science, production agriculture or environmental issues related to the use of fertilizers and irrigation water in California.

The term of office for subcommittee members is three years. Members receive no compensation but are entitled to reimbursement of necessary travel expenses in accordance with the rules of the California Department of Human Resources.

Individuals interested in being considered for an appointment should complete the TASC Application Packet available on the FIAB TASC webpage and email it to [email protected] with a two-page resume or curriculum vitae. The application deadline is July 31.

For further information about FREP, please contact FREP staff at [email protected] or visit http://cdfa.ca.gov/go/frep.

Source: California Department of Food and Agriculture

Subscribe to receive top agriculture news
Be informed daily with these free e-newsletters

You May Also Like