March 6, 2019
The Minnesota FFA Alumni Association recently announced nine inductees to its 2019 class.
The new inductees in the Hall of Fame are:
• Judy Barka, Watkins
• Nancy Dahlman, Cokato
• Roy Johnson, Elk River
• Fred Troendle, St Charles
• Neil Pearson, Grove City
• Ken Hammer, Frazee
• Jeff Voss, Jackson
• Gary Olson, Moorhead
• Doug Hoseck, Hector
The new inductees will join the 176 members that have been inducted into the Minnesota FFA Hall of Fame over the past 16 years, including the 75 inaugural members in 2004.
A selection committee consisting of FFA members, alumni, agricultural educators and foundation representatives selected the final inductees. Nominees are chosen based on the following criteria:
1. Contributions and service to agriculture/agribusiness, to education in agriculture and FFA
2. Leadership in the candidate’s profession, in agriculture, in education and in the FFA
3. Career accomplishments, honors and recognition
4. FFA leadership at the local, state, and national level
5. Leadership and support to other agriculturally related organizations and/or agencies
6. Responsibilities, leadership and/or services to non-agricultural groups and organizations
7. Participation and support of philanthropic endeavors
8. Service to and participation in activities which promote agriculture, citizenship, education and the FFA
Inductees were introduced at the 2019 Minnesota FFA Alumni annual meeting March 2 at the Anoka Technical College in Anoka.
“We look for individuals who have been influential and supportive of Minnesota FFA and who have demonstrated a high level of service and longstanding commitment to agriculture, agribusiness, and/or education in agriculture,” says Steve Olson, co-chairman of the Minnesota FFA Hall of Fame Committee.
An induction ceremony will be held on April 29 during the 90th State FFA Convention. The 2019 Hall of Fame Class will be featured on the Minnesota FFA Alumni Association website as well as the state FFA convention newsletter to be distributed shortly after the convention.
The FFA Hall of Fame is a collaborative effort between the Minnesota FFA Association, the Minnesota FFA Alumni Association and the Minnesota FFA Foundation.
The Minnesota FFA Foundation, through its Star Partners Program, provides resources that support the FFA Hall of Fame program. For more information about programs and funding opportunities, visit mnffafoundation.org.
Source: Minnesota FFA Foundation, which is solely responsible for the information provided and is wholly owned by the source. Informa Business Media and all its subsidiaries are not responsible for any of the content contained in this information asset.
You May Also Like