Concerns over movement of the COVID-19 virus has prompted postponement or cancelation of events related to the University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture.
This list is not exhaustive. If you are unsure of the status of an upcoming event, please check with the event organizer or your local county Cooperative Extension Service office.
- Pesticide applicator trainings — Contact your county office and the pesticide training page.
- Originally scheduled for March 18 — Doing Business with the General Services Administration workshop in Little Rock has been postponed; new date to be announced.
- Originally scheduled for March 19 — Doing Business with the General Services Administration workshop in Jonesboro has been postponed; new date to be announced.
- Originally scheduled for March 9, then March 16 (beef meeting) and March 19 (forage meeting) — Two-Part Beef/Forage series — This series to be held at Cossatot Community College has been postponed. Organizers said they plan to reschedule.
- Originally scheduled for March 19 — Southern SARE presentation — The Southern Region Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education, or SARE, program set for March 19 in Fayetteville has been canceled. Organizers plan to reschedule the event.
- Originally scheduled for March 20 — Extension retirees — The Cooperative Extension Service cancelled a March 20 annual gathering of its retirees. “Given that our retirees are in a high risk group, we felt this was the right call,” said Brian Helms, director of stakeholder relations. “We are planning to reschedule when circumstances improve.”
- Originally scheduled for March 23-25 — 4-H Shooting Sports Championships — The 4-H Shooting Sports Championships have been postponed. The event was originally scheduled for March 23-25. Organizers said they were monitoring the situation for the potential to reschedule the event.
- Originally scheduled for March 24 — 2020 Novel Tall Fescue Renovation Workshop — The workshop scheduled for March 24 at North Arkansas College in Harrison has been canceled. Future announcements will be sent via email and www.grasslandrenewal.org.
- Originally scheduled March 26 — Arkansas Association of County Agricultural Agents annual banquet has been canceled.
- Originally scheduled for April 18 — White County annual Master Gardener plant sale — This scholarship fundraiser was scheduled for April 18 in Searcy has been canceled.
- Originally scheduled for April 25-26 — RockCity Hacks — Now Sept. 26-27 RockCity Hacks, a one-of-a-kind hackathon for youth in grades 9-12 has been postponed until Sept. 26. It was originally scheduled for late April. Information on this event can be found here: https://www.uaex.edu/hackathon/rockcityhacks.aspx
- Originally scheduled May 12-14 — Rice processing meeting — The University of Arkansas Rice Processing Program of the UA System’s Division of Agriculture has canceled its annual Industry Alliance meeting on May 12 and the Rice Quality and Evaluation Short Course on May 13-14.
- Originally scheduled for May 30-31— International SeaPerch —The International SeaPerch competition, for which three Arkansas 4-H team qualified, was canceled, organizers said on Wednesday. The event was to be held May 30-31 at the University of Maryland. A decision has yet to be made on whether the event will be rescheduled.