is part of the Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

  • American Agriculturist
  • Beef Producer
  • Corn and Soybean Digest
  • Dakota Farmer
  • Delta Farm Press
  • Farm Futures
  • Farm Industry news
  • Indiana Prairie Farmer
  • Kansas Farmer
  • Michigan Farmer
  • Missouri Ruralist
  • Nebraska Farmer
  • Ohio Farmer
  • Prairie Farmer
  • Southeast Farm Press
  • Southwest Farm Press
  • The Farmer
  • Wallaces Farmer
  • Western Farm Press
  • Western Farmer Stockman
  • Wisconsin Agriculturist

Perfect Hitch; Kools forage blower; Whip Battery Protector; Agripower 5000 tractor; Farmhand grinder/mixer


In our November 2006 issue (page 62), we published a letter from a reader asking where to find the Perfect Hitch and speculated that he might be referring to a hitch with a different name. However, FIN reader Jon Casner of Hebron, OH, called to tell us that there is a product called the Perfect Hitch made by Canadian Tool & Die Ltd., Winnipeg, Manitoba.

You can contact the company at 1331 Chevrier Blvd., Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3T 1Y4, 800/204-4150, The company's U.S. distributor is Westward Products Inc., 1312 21 Ave. N.E., Airport Rd., Jamestown, ND, 701/251-2182,


I am looking for parts for a Kools forage blower. The blower was purchased new 15 to 20 years ago but I don't know what happened to Kools, which I think was a Wisconsin company.
Randy Kats
Rock Valley, IA

Kools is not in business today, and we have not been able to find what happened to it. However, some parts for Kools equipment are available from equipment dealers. Ruf's Farm Service in Darlington, WI, has some used parts from Kools equipment and may be able to help you. Call 608/776-4048.


Do you know where I can find a Whip Battery Protector?
Duane Vogt
Blair, NE

Contact R&R Distributing, Rt. 1, Box 35, Tribune, KS 67879, 800/292-7692,


Can you tell me where I can find parts for an Agripower 5000 tractor?
JP Carman
Paris, MO

According to Peter Laznicka of Zetor North America, Zetor made most Agripower tractors, including the Agripower 5000 and 7000 models. Agripower was a simply a trade name used by Menards, which sold the tractors until 1986. Zetor, based out of Czechoslovakia, did not have a dealer network in the United States until 1983. Agripower 6000 and 8000 tractors are not Zetor models, so Zetor will not have parts for them.

For replacement parts, call Menards at 715/876-2560 or contact Zetor North America, 1400 Hagy Way, Harrisburg, PA 17110, 877/469-3867.


I need parts for a Farmhand grinder/mixer. Do you know where I can find them?
Dow Evans
Hardin, MO

In 1995, AGCO purchased the assets of Tye Company, maker of Farmhand, Glencoe and Tye agricultural implements and tillage equipment. According to an AGCO dealer in Brookfield, MO, most AGCO dealers carry a Farmhand parts catalog that they can use to locate the parts that you need.

Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.