Sponsored By
Farm Progress

NPDES, SDS permit annual reports due March 1NPDES, SDS permit annual reports due March 1

Manure management and storage information are required for the reports.

January 27, 2017

1 Min Read
MANURE MANAGEMENT: Paperwork must be filed by March 1 for farms with federal or state feedlot permits.

For feedlots with National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System or State Disposal System operating permits, it's not too soon to start thinking about the annual reports due March 1.

The form is available on the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency feedlot webpage.

MPCA officials encourage everyone filing to download the document Animal Feedlot or Manure Storage Area Annual Report (wq-f3-22b), fill out the Word version and email the completed report as a PDF document. Call your MPCA regional office for the email address to use. Paper copies of the form may be requested by contacting the MPCA regional offices.

All land application records for the 12-month period starting Sept. 1, 2015, through Aug. 31, 2016, must be submitted as part of the report and on the included forms. For farms that do not transfer manure, land application records can also be generated and submitted using the MPCA Excel-based Manure Management Planner under "Create Crop Year Records." A link to the planner is located on the feedlot program Nutrient and Manure Management webpage. Annual reports provide valuable information for determining compliance with Minnesota’s feedlot rules. Failure to submit annual reports by the March 1 deadline may result in an enforcement action from the MPCA.

Source: MPCA


Subscribe to receive top agriculture news
Be informed daily with these free e-newsletters

You May Also Like