Net farm income is up, but so are expenses. You’re handling more money than ever before these days. No one is certain when inflation will ease or when interest rates will rise.
We need all the financial wisdom we can get right now.
That’s why we’re happy to invite you to attend the Farm Futures Ag Finance Boot Camp Jan. 19, 2021, at the Hyatt Regency Coralville Hotel & Conference Center, outside Iowa City, Iowa.
The boot camp is a one-day financial workshop open to anyone who needs to brush up on financial planning and management skills. This is your chance to really dig into your farm’s numbers and ask the experts all those financial questions weighing on your mind this winter.
Experts will discuss how to rebuild working capital, stabilize and manage profits, and review your farm's balance sheet equity. You will join a discussion on analyzing a farm growth plan, and what kind of information should be shared during a farm transition. You’ll get insights on your marketing plan and how to make selling decisions based on your farm’s cost and cash flow needs.
The boot camp takes place a day prior to the Farm Futures Business Summit at the same venue (you can register for both events here).
Sessions are led by industry leaders Paul Neiffer, Farm CPA, ag bankers Curt Covington and Ashley Arrington, and grain market analyst Matt Bennett. Here is what’s in store:
- Financial reporting for your lender vs. financial reporting for your business.
- What tools and metrics are needed to run the farm more effectively (KPIs, unitizing cost, breakeven analysis, capex analysis, and good enterprise budgeting techniques)
- The high cost of farming – managing your business in an inflationary era.
- Sharing financial information in farm transitions – how much is too much?
- How to monitor and use cost of production to make better marketing decisions.
- How to position your business financially for growth.
The Boot Camp takes place Jan. 19 and the Business Summit takes place Jan. 20-21, 2022, at the Hyatt Regency Coralville Hotel & Conference Center. You can read about the speakers and agendas, and register to attend, at www.farmfuturessummit.com, or call 800-441-1410.
How will you unlock your competitive advantage? Remember: Knowledge is power.