The annual Alabama Row Crops Short Course will not be in person this year, but the Alabama Cooperative Extension System Crops Team has worked to create a video series of the short course to prepare producers for the upcoming growing season.
Videos focus on timely topics for improving profitability and feature expert speakers from Auburn and other land-grant universities.
Topics for the 2020 Alabama Row Crops Short Course Video Series include:
- Farmer Panel on Cover Crop Management—Annie Dee, Matt Haney, and Myron Johnson
- Crop Market Outlook—Dr. Adam Rabinowitz and Dr. Wendiam Sawadgo, Auburn University
- Herbicide Applications in a World with Dicamba—Dr. Greg Kruger, University of Nebraska
- Nematode Resistant Cotton Varieties—Dr. Kathy Lawrence, Auburn University
- Cotton Leaf Roll Dwarf Virus Update—Dr. Amanda Scherer, Auburn University
- Potassium Management for High-Yielding Cotton—Dr. Glen Harris, University of Georgia
- Wild Hog Management—Dr. Mark Smith, Auburn University
- Weed Control in Xtendflex Soybean—Dr. Connor Ferguson, Mississippi State University
- Redbanded Stink Bug Management in Soybean—Dr. Tyler Towles, Louisiana State University
- Seed Quality Issues in Peanut—Dr. Scott Monfort, University of Georgia (Gamble)
Videos are now available at https://cses.auburn.edu/2020-alabama-row-crops-short-course/