Seven South Dakota State University College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences faculty members were recently honored. They included:
• David Clay, a professor in the Department of Agronomy, Horticulture and Plant Science, was named a Distinguished Professor.
• Joseph Cassady, professor and head of the Department of Animal Science, received the Dr. Harold and Barbara Bailey Award for Excellence in Academic Department Leadership.
• Bob Thaler, professor in the Department of Animal Science and SDSU Extension swine specialist; and Lora Berg, director of marketing and communications for the college, received F.O. Butler Awards. F.O. Butler Awards are presented to faculty who achieve the highest levels of excellence in their roles at SDSU and, in so doing, make valuable lasting contributions to the well-being of the people of South Dakota.
• Anne Fennell, professor in the Department of Agronomy, Horticulture and Plant Science; and Srinivas Janaswamy, assistant professor in the Department of Dairy and Food Science, received the Faculty Engagement in International Research Award.
• Sharon Clay, Distinguished Professor in the Department of Agronomy, Horticulture and Plant Science., was honored as the College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences’ Outstanding Researcher.Source: SDSU, which is solely responsible for the information provided and is wholly owned by the source. Informa Business Media and all its subsidiaries are not responsible for any of the content contained in this information asset.