Select Sires, South Dakota Farm Bureau and South Dakota Farmers Union Foundation recently presented scholarships to college and high school students.
Select Sires awards scholarship
Trevor Thue, son of Dale and Crystal Thue, Lake Norden, S.D., was recently selected as one of 10 Select Sires MidAmerica high school scholarships.
Thue attended Hamlin High School. He enjoys exhibiting cattle at the Watertown Winter Farm Show and the South Dakota State Fair. His extracurricular activities included youth group, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, and American Legion baseball and football.
Thue is also a member of the National Honor Society and plans to pursue an education in precision agriculture and agronomy.
7 earn Farm Bureau scholarships
The 2019 South Dakota Farm Bureau scholarship recipients are:
- Nathan Linke of Woonsocket, S.D., a mechanical engineering major and is attending South Dakota State University
- Jonathan Linke of Woonsocket, S.D. an agronomy and animal science major who is attending South Dakota State University
- Brianna Beckler of Harrold, S.D., who will be attending South Dakota State University majoring in animal science / pre-vet
- Molly Ryan of Belle Fourche, S.D., who will be attending Northwestern College majoring in education
- Anna Schwader of Winfred, S.D., who will be attending Dakota Wesleyan University majoring in non-profit administration
- Kristina Pike of Chester, S.D., who will be attending Southern Illinois University majoring in chemistry (pre-med) and clarinet music performance
- Jaicee Williams of Wall, S.D., who will be attending Dakota State University majoring in biology
The South Dakota Farm Bureau Scholarship Fund was established in 2005 by Richard and Agnes Ekstrum of Kimball, S.D. Richard served as South Dakota Farm Bureau's president from 1975 to 1995.
Farmers Union Foundation announces scholarships
The South Dakota Farmers Union Foundation recently awarded scholarships to South Dakota high school students.
- Abbie Bratland, daughter of Curwin and Kim Bratland, Willow Lake High School
- Bayden Schneider, son of Jason and Velda Schneider, Chester Area High School
- Benjamin Sees, son of Mike and Kris Sees, Irene-Wakonda High School
- Brandon Volmer, son of Todd and Rona Volmer, Winner High School
- Brittany Delzer, daughter of Glen and Cheryl Delzer Sturgis Brown High School
- Caleb Nugteren, son of Darin and Lisa Nugteren, Canistota High School
- Conner Edelman, son of Kevin and Lisa Edelman, Menno Public High School
- Elise Heesch, daughter of Loran and Yvette Heesch, Sisseton High School
- Emily Buse, daughter of Gary and DeeAnna Buse, Lennox High School
- Jaedyn Oplinger, daughter of Linda Oplinger, Menno Public High School
- Justin Edelman, son of Del and Brenda Edelman, Menno Public High School
- Justin Goetz, son of Trent and Goetz and Patricia Pudwill, Selby Area High School
- Kaitlyn Carlon, daughter of Ronald and Nancy Carlon, Canton High School
- Kendra Johnson, daughter of Wayne and Nancy Johnson, Webster Area High School
- Kristin Kotes, daughter of Greg Kotes and Angel Eddy, Bridgewater-Emery High School
- Liza Schoenbeck, daughter of Loren and Lisa Schoenbeck, Webster Area High School
- Morgan Feddersen, son of Chris and Beth Feddersen, Jones County High School
- Paydon Casper, son of Eric and Laurie Casper, Lake Preston High School
- Spencer Lund, son of Brian and Kari Lund, St. Thomas More High School
- Sydney Hoffman, daughter of Jeff and Deanna Hoffman, Bridgewater-Emery High School
- Sydney Smith, daughter of Jay and Sherry Smith, Redfield High School
- Tess Oplinger, daughter of Linda Oplinger, Menno Public High School
- Tessa Menzel, daughter of CJ and Mandie Menzel, Philip High School
- Trevor Frost, son of Travis and Kaylin Frost, Redfield High School
- Trista Frost, daughter of Travis and Kaylin Frost, Redfield High School
Over the past 12 years, the SDFU Foundation has awarded more than $275,000 in scholarships to students attending South Dakota post-secondary schools.Sources: Select Sires MidAmerica, South Dakota Farm Bureau and South Dakota Farmers Union Foundation, which are solely responsible for the information provided and are wholly owned by the sources. Informa Business Media and all its subsidiaries are not responsible for any of the content contained in this information asset.