Are you financially savvy? Then you know a good deal when you see one. You can save $50 on 2020 Farm Futures Ag Finance Boot Camp registration if you sign up by Nov. 30.
Three farm finance experts with years of real-world experience will walk you through the most crucial aspects of farm finance to help you master the business side of agriculture. CPA Paul Neiffer, principal with CliftonLarsonAllen, will be joined by FarmerMac executive vice president Curt Covington and AgriAuthority founder Ashley Arrington, to share insights on running your farm like a business. Topics include:
- The important of equity and working capital
- How to manage your farm’s crop loan
- How to sound smart with your lender
- How to use financial ratios and Dupont model to get a clearer picture of your farm business’ performance
- How to manage farm growth, with and without debt
- How to benchmark your business against like-sized operations and your historic performance
- Why it’s important to know difference between cash and accrual accounting
- Understanding liquidity reserves
- How to develop a marketing plan based not on hope but on hard numbers
This can’t miss day-long workshop is set for Jan. 22 at the Coralville Marriott Hotel and Conference Center outside Iowa City, Iowa. You may want to attend the Farm Futures Summit, which is held after the Boot Camp at the same location, Jan. 23-24.
To register go to FarmFuturessummit.com and click on the Boot Camp links. Bookmark that page and check for updates. While you’re there, sign up for the Summit, two days of high-level insights that can help you make better risk management and business decisions on the farm.
See you in Iowa!