The Georgia Cotton Commission annual meeting will be held virtually Jan. 27.
Topics of discussion include:
- Georgia Cotton Commission Update – Lee Cromley, Director – Taylor Sills, Executive Director
- 2020 Season-in-Review & Discussion on Seed Coat Fragments (SCF) – Darryl Earnest, Deputy Administrator, USDA AMS Cotton & Tobacco Program – Dr. Ed Barnes, Senior Director of Agricultural & Environmental Research, Cotton Incorporated
- Boll Weevil Eradication in Georgia & the United States Status – Bart Davis, Chairman, BWEF of Georgia, Inc. – Alan Lowman, Executive Director, BWEF of Georgia, Inc. – Dr. Phillip Roberts, Extension Entomologist, University of Georgia
- U.S. House Committee on Agriculture Update – Congressman David Scott, Chairman
- U.S. Cotton Trust Protocol Update – Matt Coley, Producer Director
- Georgia Farm Bureau Update– Tom McCall, President
- The University of Georgia College of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences Update – Dr. Nick Place, Dean & Director
- 2020 Georgia Quality Cotton Awards Presentation
To register for the meeting go to the GCC website.
The UGA Cotton Production Workshops, usually presented in tandem with the annual meeting, will be conducted virtually but spread out over the months of January and February.