Fifteen people have been selected to receive scholarships from the Equipment Dealers Foundation, the charitable organization of the Equipment Dealers Association for the 2017-18 academic year.
Scholarships were awarded for a wide range of educational opportunities including technical training and four year degrees. Students receiving scholarships:
- Shane Clark, Western Tractor Company (Lethbridge, AB)
- Brett Guenther, Yorkton New Holland (Yorkton, SK)
- Jacob Groothuis, Homestead Lawn & Tractor (Cleveland, TN)
- Ryan Gushi, Hoxie Implement Co. (Hoxie, KS)
- Tyler Hacket, Midwest Machinery Co. (Sauk Rapids, MN)
- Noah Heinemann, Wm. Nobbe & Co. (Waterloo, IL)
- Chloe Lonergan, Empire Crane Company (North Syracuse, NY)
- Bryan Manzer, Manzer Equipment (Osmond, NE)
- Kaden Purviance, 21st Century Equipment (Scottsbluff, NE)
- John McGraw, Castongia Tractor (Rensselaer, IN)
- Preston Lee Salvador, 21st Century Equipment (Sterling, CO)
- Treyton Schemper, O’Brien County Implement (Sheldon, IA)
- Mitchal Van Gorp, Sheldon Power & Equipment (Sheldon, IA)
- Richard Vohs, Frontline Ag (Choteau, MT)
- Jordon Shaw, Waupun Equipment (Waupun, WI)
Scholarship funds were awarded to qualified students/trainees who were sponsored and recommended by equipment dealerships throughout the United States and Canada. Scholarships are available in each of EDA’s nine regions. This year, EDA received applications from seven of those nine regions and will disburse a total of $30,000, which includes matching funds from sponsoring dealerships.
“We are thrilled to have awarded scholarships to 15 very deserving candidates this year,” said Tom Nobbe, chairman of the EDF Board. “Our hope is to inspire these students to continue their training and education so they can positively impact the dealerships they work for and the industry as a whole. Workforce development has never been more important for the equipment industry and EDF strives to do its part to help.”
The EDF Scholarship aims to facilitate the retention of long-term employees for dealerships by assisting with their education, training and advancement. Students can use their funds for a variety of programs from individual classes to post-graduate degrees.
Source: Equipment Dealers Foundation