Extension specialists in Iowa and Minnesota are collaborating to provide a series of daily webinars for farmers, ag professionals, Extension personnel and other interested parties during the week of April 6. Theme will be “Essential Row Crop Management for Spring 2020,” with a focus on topics that need to be addressed prior to planting season.
“Each webinar will be limited to 10 to 15 minutes, with time for questions and answers because we know fieldwork and planting season is upon us and peoples’ time is limited,” says Meaghan Anderson, Iowa State University Extension field agronomist.
Free webinars daily
The webinars are free and open to all. Each starts at 1 p.m. daily, April 6-10. Topics and presenters are:
- April 6 — Top three tips for cover crop termination with Meaghan Anderson, field agronomist with ISU Extension
- April 7 — Grain storage management for spring with Shawn Shouse, ag engineering specialist with ISU Extension
- April 8 — Management of fertilizer spread patterns with Ryan Bergman, program coordinator at ISU, and Matt Darr, ISU professor of ag and biosystems engineering
- April 9 — Preemergence herbicide programs with Lisa Behnken, crops Extension educator with the University of Minnesota
- April 10 — Tillage options this spring with Jodi DeJong-Hughes, water resources Extension educator at the University of Minnesota
These sessions will also be available online for later viewing, if that fits your schedule better than tuning in to the live webinar. “Each webinar will be recorded for those people who want to participate, but can’t join the live webinar,” Behnken says. She also notes that resources will be provided via a publicly accessible file-sharing system.
Information about this webinar series is online. Recorded sessions and additional resources will also be available through this link.