CHS Larsen Cooperative awarded $16,000 in scholarships to local high school and post-high school students. For the past 20 years, this scholarship program has helped more than 295 students. CHS Larsen Cooperative is dedicated to ensuring a strong future for agriculture, and this program is a way to give back and strengthen communities in the more than 25 counties in Wisconsin where the co-op’s farmer-owners and customers live.
CHS Larsen Cooperative offered this scholarship to the children and grandchildren of co-op owners and customers. To be eligible, students must be graduating from high school or currently enrolled in post-high school education.
The 16 students receiving 2020 scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each are:
- Kaitlyn Biese, Wrightstown High School
- Katie Beck, Weyauwega-Fremont High School
- Josh Brazee, Neenah High School
- Taylor Dillenburg, Shawano Community High School
- Brianna Domke, Oshkosh West High School, now attending University of Wisconsin-River Falls
- Peter Gorman, New London High School
- Hailey Hanson, Wild Rose High School
- Seth Keller, Clintonville High School
- Holly Lashua, Iola-Scandinavia High School
- Lane Nett, Weyauwega-Fremont High School
- Breanna Pamer, Winneconne High School
- Sawyer Potratz, Omro High School
- Nicholas Sievert, Pulaski High School
- Mason Soerens, Weyauwega-Fremont High School
- Ben Steinbach, New London High School
- Alex Wepner, Manawa Little Wolf High School
“One of the cooperative principles is concern for communities, and this is another way we live out this principle,” says David Neal, general manager, CHS Larsen. “CHS Larsen Cooperative is proud to support our local youth. It pays to invest in our local future industry leaders. I would like to congratulate all the scholarship recipients and wish them the best of luck as they further their education.”
The scholarship selection is based on academic achievement, leadership characteristics, community involvement, CHS customer activity and the student’s vision of the future of agriculture. As CHS plans to continue offering this scholarship into the future, find the criteria and 2021 application on chslarsencooperative.com. The deadline for the 2021 CHS Larsen Cooperative scholarships is March 15, 2021. Visit the website to apply for next year, or call 800-924-6677.