Winning the National 4-H Dairy Cattle Judging Contest for the third year in a row was the team from Wisconsin. This group, placing first both overall and in reasons, consists of team members Abigail Powers, Benjamin Styer, Marie Haase and Fritzy Ullom, and coaches James Powers and Scott Nelson.
Coming in second place overall and third in reasons was the Ohio team of Marissa Topp, Derek Burns, Heath Starkey and Lindsay L’Amoreaux, coached by Sherry Smith.
Marie Haase of Wisconsin was named high individual overall as well as high individual in reasons.
Following is a list of the top 10 teams and scores:
1. Wisconsin, 2,038. Team members Abigail Powers, Benjamin Styer, Marie Haase and Fritzy Ullom were coached by James Powers and Scott Nelson.
2. Ohio, 2,009. Team members Marissa Topp, Derek Burns, Heath Starkey and Lindsay L’Amoreaux were coached by Sherry Smith.
3. New York, 2,001. Team members Abigail Wratten, Garrett Proskine, Lydia Chittenden and Bryce Warriner were coached by Douglas Waterman.
4. Maryland, 1,996. Team members Jill Allen, Atley Miller and Jillian Sutton were coached by Kelly Zepp and Austin Schwartzbeck.
5. Illinois, 1,952. Team members Payton Erbsen, Briley Lenkaitis, Zachary Paul and Lane Heinzmann were coached by David Fischer.
6. Kentucky, 1,947. Team members Kelly Baird, Casey Montgomery, Tyler Moehrke and Madison Goodlett were coached by Larissa Tucker and Bland Baird.
7. Iowa, 1,945. Team members Regan Demmer, Trenton Hammerand, Madison Strief and Julie Hammerand were coached by Jeff and Jessica Hammerand.
8. Indiana, 1,944. Team members Lane Bollenbacher, Owen Nifong, Kendra Langfeldt and Sophia Bollenbacher were coached by Geri Newman and Carrie Jo Bollenbacher.
9. Pennsylvania, 1,929. Team members Kristin Johns, Emory Bewley, Tabitha Hauck and Madison Benfer were coached by Chad Dechow.
10. Minnesota, 1,919. Team members Kelsey Erf, Ashlyn Miklas, Cassandra Hinsch and Jack Saemrow were coached by Tony Scheffler, Maizie Scheffler, Emily Pieper and Emily Benrud.