Select Sires is adding more bricks to its paver entrance to the Kellgren Heritage Center in Plain City to honor long-standing employees. The pavers were engraved with employee names to recognize individuals with at least 30 years of service to Select Sires, Accelerated Genetics, World Wide Sires and member cooperatives.
Since the original installment, 25 employees have surpassed the milestone to earn this lasting recognition, and their personalized pavers have been added to the entrance. To date, there are 456 names displayed in the patio and represent service awards going back to 1972.
“Select Sires is known for exceptional genetics and unparalleled service,” says David Thorbahn, president and CEO. “The talented people that stand behind this service, the dedicated team members that carry our brand for life, have elevated us to our position as the industry leader.”
Select Sires thanks the following individuals for their service to dairy and beef producers worldwide:
- Randy Blackwell, Select Sires Inc.
- Creig Forman, Select Sires Inc.
- Karen Hundt, Select Sires Inc.
- Jill Strangstalien, Select Sires Inc.
- Scott Yttri, Select Sires Inc.
- Ken Rowley, All West/Select Sires
- Greg Schafer, All West/Select Sires
- Gregg Topp, COBA/Select Sires
- Adam Hahlen, COBA/Select Sires
- Donald Lawson, COBA/Select Sires
- Charles Orr, COBA/Select Sires
- John Hulbert, CentralStar Cooperative
- Steve Otteson, CentralStar Cooperative
- John Wasson, CentralStar Cooperative
- Julie Ainsworth, CentralStar Cooperative
- James Tiffany, CentralStar Cooperative
- Scott Ellevold, CentralStar Cooperative
- Gary Brummer, Select Sires MidAmerica
- Sam Holder, Select Sires MidAmerica
- Todd Gaby, Premier Select Sires
- William Bowman, Premier Select Sires
- Sherry Musick, Premier Select Sires
- Michael Marchand, Premier Select Sires
- Brian Albertoni, World Wide Sires
- Joni Fox, World Wide Sires
Company hires new executive assistant
Select Sires has hired Julie Becker, Plain City, Ohio, as the new executive assistant to the chief executive officer and corporate secretary for the Select Sires board of directors. She will provide administrative support while coordinating and executing board functions.
Becker comes to Select Sires with more than 25 years of experience in administrative, management and supervisory roles. She has a bachelor’s degree in agriculture from Ohio State University and a master’s in animal science from Montana State University. Becker previously worked as the assistant director of Ohio State University Large Animal Services for 11 years and has additional managerial experience from Hardaway Veterinary Hospital.
“Julie brings a wealth of experience to Select Sires, both in agriculture and administrative management,” Thorbahn says. “She is very passionate about agriculture and skilled in her field, and I am excited to have her join our team.”
Based in Plain City, Select Sires Inc. is North America’s largest AI organization and is comprised of six farmer-owned and controlled cooperatives.