The Center for Dairy Excellence has grants available to reimburse costs associated with COVID-19 personal protective equipment and social distancing measures.
The grants are available to Pennsylvania dairy processors, milk hauling companies and dairy farmers. The grant must be used for PPE costs or social distancing signage purchased between March 1 and June 15.
Purchases that are eligible for reimbursement through the grant program include:
- bilingual training materials on social distancing and hand washing
- printing costs associated with posters and other signage related to COVID-19 measures
- COVID-19 preventative and surveillance tools, such as thermometers
- sanitation and cleaning materials, such as hand sanitizer and cleaning products
- PPE equipment, including masks, coveralls, gloves and face shields, or costs associated with supplies to make PPE equipment
The following grants are available:
- up to $1,000 for individual dairy farms
- up to $2,000 for milk hauling companies
- up to $4,000 for commercial dairy processors procuring milk from three or more farms
Grants are available on a first-come, first-serve basis with limited amounts available. Applications must be received online by June 15 or before funds are fully committed. Funding for these grants is made possible through the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
After submitting an application, individuals will receive an email within one week regarding the approval of the grant request. A reimbursement form will be provided, and receipts for purchases made between March 1 and June 15 must be submitted by June 30. Grant reimbursement requests will be processed within four weeks of receipt.
Applications are available online. Call Jayne Sebright at 717-346-0849 for more information about the grant program.Source: Pennsylvania Center for Dairy Excellence, which is solely responsible for the information provided and is wholly owned by the source. Informa Business Media and all its subsidiaries are not responsible for any of the content contained in this information asset.