Several speakers will present educational sessions and workshops at “Dairy Forward,” the 2019 PDPW Business Conference presented by Professional Dairy Producers, on March 13-14 at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison, Wis.
The annual conference brings together active dairy farmers and agribusiness professionals from across the country and globe.
“Dairying is not just a job; it is our life’s work and often our family’s legacy,” says Shelly Mayer, executive director of PDPW and a dairy farmer in Slinger, Wis. “The 2019 PDPW Business Conference has been designed by dairy farmers to deliver the latest in education, innovations and solutions to help today’s dairy farmers succeed — and they exceeded expectations.”
Keynote speakers at the 2019 event will include:
• David Kohl, professor emeritus in the Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics at Virginia Tech, president of AgriVisions LLC and part owner of Homestead Creamery in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
• Scott Burrows, former Florida State University football player and top-ranked kickboxing black-belt champion who was paralyzed in a car accident. He is the author of the best-selling book “Vision Mindset Grit.”
• Richard Pimentel, Vietnam War veteran, disability rights advocate, writer and comedian. He has trained thousands of people on disability awareness and developing return-to-work models for injured and recently disabled employees.
• Jason Karszes, senior Extension associate with the Pro-Dairy program at Cornell University, who coordinates the Cornell Dairy Executive Program to develop management skills for dairy producers around the country.
• Merril Hoge, former NFL running back and ESPN analyst, cancer survivor and author of the book “Find a Way: Three Words That Changed My Life.”
The 2019 program will feature sessions for every learning style, including eight specialty sessions, 26 breakout sessions, five keynote sessions, three Hands-On Hub sessions held five times, 15 Learning Lounges and five preview sessions highlighting the latest in university research. A wide array of topics will be covered, including dairy production and health, business and finance, leadership and management, natural resources, human resources, food safety, consumer engagement and beyond.
The conference also will feature the Hall of Ideas Equipment and Trade Show, which will include industry manufacturers, service providers and consultants. Dairy farmers can connect with the companies that provide them leading-edge innovations, technologies and products — all in one place.
Master of ceremonies for the conference is Tom Thibodeau, one of PDPW’s most requested speakers, who brings passion, humor and captivating stories to the stage. Award-winning band The Jimmys will provide entertainment following the conference banquet.
To learn more about the conference and to register, visit pdpw.org or call 800-947-7379. Follow along digitally in advance of and during the event by following @dairyPDPW and using #PDPW2019 or #DairyForward on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.