Golden Harvest is expanding its product portfolio for the 2021 growing season with the release of 12 new corn hybrids and 22 new soybean varieties. The diverse portfolio is bred with elite genetics to equip farmers with agronomic options for all field types, soil characteristics and weather conditions so farmers can find the products that work best for their fields.
"The 12 new Golden Harvest corn hybrids are coupled with more industry-leading Agrisure traits than ever before and join a strong portfolio of Golden Harvest and Enogen corn hybrids that not only bring farmers outstanding agronomics like strong stalks and great roots, but also fit a wide variety of acres," says Drew Showalter, Syngenta strategic corn marketing manager. "We are introducing hybrids that are going to fit on highly productive acres and deliver top-end yield potential, and we're also bringing our customers hybrids better suited for moderately productive acres, in the trait version they need."
The 12 new hybrids range in relative maturity from 96 to 115 days and include:
- One hybrid with Agrisure Artesian technology, the most advanced water optimization technology for season-long performance. This 104-day hybrid also contains Agrisure Viptera, bringing two industry-leading traits together for a broad fit in the central and western Corn Belt.
- Six hybrids with the Agrisure Viptera trait, the most comprehensive above-ground insect control and the only effective western bean cutworm control trait.
- Five hybrids with the Agrisure Duracade trait for above-and-below ground insect protection and the best-in-class corn rootworm control.
There are also nine hybrids available as E-Z Refuge seed blend products, providing a convenient, in-bag seed blend.
The 22 new Golden Harvest soybean varieties join an industry-leading portfolio at the forefront of weed control technology. The Golden Harvest soybean portfolio offers farmers access to Enlist E3, the newest soybean technology, as well as Roundup Ready 2 Xtend soybeans and LibertyLink GT27.
The varieties contain the industry's broadest choice of herbicide trait options, and their high-yielding genetics are proven performers. The 2019 Farmers' Independent Research of Seed Technologies (FIRST) trial results revealed that Golden Harvest varieties took home 23 top three finishes and eight first place wins.
"We offer soybean varieties that provide farmers with consistent performance in trait choices that provide options to help crush not only weeds, but also the competition," says Stephanie Porter, Golden Harvest soybean product manager.
The 22 new varieties range in relative maturity from .05 to 5.1 and provide advanced trait technology for maximum soybean yield potential:
- 14 varieties include the new Enlist E3 trait technology with three modes of action, offering tolerance to 2,4-D choline, glyphosate and glufosinate.
- Three offer Sulfonyl-Urea Tolerant Soybeans herbicide tolerance and may increase tolerance to ALS-inhibitors, allowing higher application rates on select herbicides.
- Six varieties include Roundup Ready 2 Xtend trait technology.
- Two varieties include the new LibertyLink GT27 trait technology.
The Golden Harvest portfolio is available from Golden Harvest Seed Advisors, who deliver high-yielding seed options combined with local agronomic knowledge. To find your local independent seed adviser and gain more information on Golden Harvest corn and soybeans, visit goldenharvestseeds.com.Source: Golden Harvest, which is solely responsible for the information provided and is wholly owned by the source. Informa Business Media and all its subsidiaries are not responsible for any of the content contained in this information asset.