Dahlman Seed has new corn hybrids and soybean varieties available for its 2020 lineup.
New corn descriptions
There are seven new corn hybrids for 2020 in its 34-hyrbrid portfolio. Relative maturities (RM) range from 82-day to 106-day. Corn traits available include SmartStax RIB Complete, VT2PRO RIB Complete and a large selection of conventional and Roundup Ready Corn 2 single trait hybrids.
1. R43-19. An 85-day Roundup Ready 2 with excellent early vigor, great emergence and very good Goss’s wilt tolerance. A medium-tall plant with a solid disease package making it a good choice for reduced tillage. Moves south of zone very well and excels on the highly managed acres. Also available as R43-29VT2PRIB and D43-01 conventional.
2. R45-25VT2PRIB. A 90-day VT Double PRO RIB COMPLETE is a medium statured plant with a semi-upright leaf style, excellent standability, strong emergence and early vigor. A very strong overall disease and agronomic package makes it a great choice for corn on corn. Prefers higher plant populations but does have good ear flex. Performance is consistent west to east with a very strong tolerance to Goss’s wilt and eyespot.
3. R47-26VT2PRIB. A 94-day VT Double PRO RIB COMPLETE is a medium statured plant with great western performance results that adapts from the Dakotas to Wisconsin. Long taper ear with open husks in the fall allowing for a speedy dry down and good ear flex for lower western planting. Plus very good tolerance to NCLB, eyespot and above-average tolerance to Goss’s wilt.
4. D48-04. A 95-day Conventional has outstanding early season plant vigor and root strength, a clean look at harvest with a long tapered ear type. Handles tough ground and drought stress environments very well with top performance in high yield environments also. Overall solid disease package with very good tolerance to NCLB, eyespot, Common Rust, Leaf Anthracnose and above average Goss’s wilt tolerance. Also available as R48-28VT2PRIB.
5. R49-25VT2PRIB. A 98-day VT Double PRO RIB COMPLETE has a medium plant style with a strong, healthy dark green early growth that translates into great appearance all season long and into fall with exceptional late season intactness. Goss’s wilt tolerance is very good. Expect a very “clean” looking hybrid at harvest with a big yield potential.
6. D49-02. A 98-day conventional version of R49-25VT2PRIB has a medium plant style with a strong, healthy dark green early growth that translates into great appearance all season long and into fall with exceptional late season intactness. Goss’s wilt tolerance is very good. Expect a very “clean” looking hybrid at harvest with a big yield potential.
7. R53-359SSRIB. A 106-day SmartStax RIB COMPLETE has a medium plant style with excellent Goss’s wilt tolerance, test weight, late season intactness and fall appearance. Uniform sized tapered ears with some girth and a good ability to flex. Early flowering and broadly adapted, moves north well and can be positioned in all yield environments. Very good tolerance to NCLB, SCLB, eyespot and gray leaf spot.
New soybean descriptions
Dahlman has nine new soybean varieties in its 2020 lineup, with 24 varieties available in total. Six are new RR2Xtend varieties and three are new Enlist E3 varieties. RMs range from 0.08 to 2.1.
Traits available include Roundup Ready 2 Xtend, Enlist E3 and Roundup Ready 2 Yield.
1. 60009X, Roundup Ready 2 Xtend. A 0.09 RM; Rps 3a gene. It has great PRR field tolerance and rigid lateral branches that don’t get floppy. Excellent emergence for cold soils, iron deficiency chlorosis tolerance equal to 56009RR2Y and outstanding win rates versus key checks in the 0.05-0.1 RM. Best performance positioned in high yielding environments and off stress prone fields.
2. 6004XN Roundup Ready 2 Xtend. A 0.4 RM. It has a dark green look all summer, lateral branches that fill the row, outstanding IDC tolerance and very good PRR field tolerance. It has high yield performance in low or high yield environments and adapts to many soils from the Dakotas east into Wisconsin.
3. 6010XN Roundup Ready 2 Xtend. A 1.0 RM. It has excellent standability, strong IDC tolerance, resistant to BSR plus overall solid agronomic and disease packages. Top yield performance in all yield environments from northern South Dakota through central Minnesota. A good choice for continuous soybeans.
4. 6014XN, Roundup Ready 2 Xtend. A 1.4 RM; Rps 1c gene. It has an attractive gray-brown color. Excellent standability creates a clean look across the row. Great emergence for cold soils, very good stress tolerance, moderate resistant to BSR and weak IDC tolerance. Strong western yield performance with good northern movement into southern North Dakota. Sudden death syndrome tolerance is average.
5. 6015XN, Roundup Ready 2 Xtend. A 1.5 RM; Rps 1c gene. It has an attractive gray-brown color, BSR resistance, moderate tolerance to charcoal rot and a solid agronomic package that adapts well to variable soils and environments. A key variety that has consistent, top performance results from South Dakota to Wisconsin.
6. 6021XN, Roundup Ready 2 Xtend. A 2.1 RM; Rps 1c gene. It has a clean look and great standability all season. It is an offensive variety with a solid agronomic package adapting to variable environments. Consistent, multi-year top of trial performance data across southern South Dakota and Minnesota.
7. 10009E3N, Enlist E3. A 0.09 RM; Rps 1a gene. It has medium lateral branches, good plant height, excellent emergence, stress and IDC tolerance. Earliest SCN Enlist E3 variety. The key is to keep it in RM zone on better soils.
8. 81004E3N, Enlist E3. A 0.4 RM; Rps 3a gene. It is a bush type plant with a uniform clean look, excellent emergence, early vigor, stress tolerance and BSR resistant. Very solid overall disease package makes it well suited for a wide range of environments across Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota. Good choice for continuous soybeans.
9. 1014E3N, Enlist E3. A 1.4 RM; Rps 1c gene. It’s a medium-tall wider plant, BSR resistant and very good IDC tolerance. Consistent top-yield performance and very high win rate in 2018 sends it into a yield class of its own. Position across South Dakota and Minnesota and moves north of adapted RM zone well.
For more information, visit dahlmanseed.com.
Source: Dahlman Seed, which is solely responsible for the information provided and is wholly owned by the source. Informa Business Media and all its subsidiaries are not responsible for any of the content contained in this information asset.