The University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture will present a series of online and in-person field days this summer that will display key research and extension programs.
The series will kick off with a Cotton Sustainability Field Day in July. The field days offer an insight into ongoing crop science research by the University of Arkansas as well as an opportunity for growers to share information and gain knowledge from experts at the University. It also allows for discussion of research needs for crop production in Arkansas. This year's meetings will be held in both in person and online formats, depending on crops.
Find out more at:
Planning is in progress for three in-person field days, including:
- July 30 — Cotton sustainability field day near Truman
- Aug. 6 — Rice field day at the Rice Research and Extension Center near Stuttgart
- Aug. 12 — Rice College at the Pine Tree Research Station near Colt
Online field days presented during the COVID-19 lockdown in 2020 proved popular, Slaton said, so the division will present three online field days this year:
- Aug. 12 — Turfgrass field day
- Oct. 7 — Rice and soybean field day
- Oct. 28 — Corn and cotton field day