American Cotton Producers selects officers at San Diego meeting National Cotton Council delegates elected the following to serve as directors and state unit chairmen for 2001. The American Cotton Producers also elected its officers, all at the NCC's 62nd meeting in San Diego.
National Cotton Council Elected to the council board during interest caucuses were: Producers - Louie Perry Jr., Moultrie, Ga.; Daniel T. Branton, Leland, Miss.; Mark D. Williams, Farwell, Texas; Charles K. Youngker, Buckeye, Ariz.; and Hollis O. Isbell, Muscle Shoals, Ala.
Ginners - Wendell S. Dunaway, Hawkinsville, Ga.; Murry G. McClintock, Tunica, Miss.; Sid Brough, Edroy, Texas; Charles C. Owen, Pima, Ariz.; and Richard Bransford, Lonoke, Ark.
Warehousemen - Carl W. Nelson Jr., Selma, Ala.; Neill M. Sloan, Portland, Ark.; Ron Harkey, Lubbock, Texas; H. J. Weathersby, Memphis, Tenn.; and E. Bragg Smith III, Dallas, Texas.
Merchants - William C. Covington, Richardson, Texas; W. B. Dunavant III, Memphis, Tenn.; Peter Egli, Phoenix, Ariz.; Gerald C. Marshall, Cordova, Tenn.; and Joseph Walker II, Columbia, S.C.
Crushers - Sammy Wright, Valdosta, Ga.; George H. Dunklin, Pine Bluff, Ark.; Hollis G. Sullivan, Harlingen, Texas; Ryoichi Kondo, Chandler, Ariz.; and Gail Kring, Lubbock, Texas.
Cooperatives - Mike Quinn, Raleigh, N.C.; Woods E. Eastland, Greenwood, Miss.; David Stanford, Lubbock, Texas; Robert W. Norris, Bakersfield, Calif.; and David L. Hand, El Paso, Texas.
Manufacturers - Roger W. Chastain, Greenville, S.C.; George R. Herron, Danville, Va.; G. Stephen Felker, Monroe, Ga.; Jerry D. Rowland, Winston-Salem, N.C.; and D. Harding Stowe, Belmont, N.C.
American Cotton Producers The American Cotton Producers, meanwhile, re-elected Isbell, a producer from Muscle Shoals, Ala., chairman for 2001.
Thad Freeland, Tillar, Ark., was elected a vice chairman. John H. Pucheu Jr., Tranquillity, Calif., and Woody Anderson, Colorado City, Texas, were re-elected vice chairmen.
Elected state producer chairmen were: Laudies Brantley, England; Ark.; Steve Droke, Hornersville, Mo., (for Illinois and Missouri); Bob Mayberry, Lake Arthur, N.M.; and John Willis, Brownsville, Tenn., (for Kentucky and Tennessee).
Re-elected state producer chairmen were: Sam Spruell, Mt. Hope, Ala.; Larry W. Jarnigan, Phoenix; Ariz.; Don Cameron, Helm, Calif.; B. E. "Sonny" Davis, Cottondale, Fla.; C. B. "Chuck" Coley, Vienna, Ga.; Jay Hardwick, Newellton, La.; Bowen Flowers, Tunica, Miss.; David Grant, Garysburg, N.C.; Daniel M. Davis, Elk City, Okla.; Frank B. Rogers III, Bennettsville, S.C.; Jim Ed Miller, Ft. Hancock, Texas; and Cecil R. Byrum, Windsor, Va.
Chairmen, vice-chairmen and secretaries of the state units named at the annual meeting were:
- Alabama: J. Austin Wade, merchant, Montgomery; Sam R. Spruell, producer, Mt. Hope; V. Larkin Martin, producer, Courtland.
- Arizona: Roger Hooper, producer, Casa Grande; Charles K. "Chuck" Youngker, producer, Buckeye; and Charles C. Owen, ginner, Pima.
- Arkansas: Neill M. Sloan, warehouseman, Portland; Larry R. McClendon, ginner, Marianna; and Thad R. Freeland, producer, Tillar.
- California: David A. Alderete, ginner, Bakersfield; Robert W. Norris, cooperative, Bakersfield; and Tom Teixeira, producer, Dos Palos.
- Florida: B. E. "Sonny" Davis, producer, Cottondale; Leslie H. Cunningham, ginner, Atmore, Ala.; Bruce McMullian, ginner, Marianna.
- Georgia: Van F. Murphy, ginner, Berlin; Kent Fountain, ginner, Surrency; Don E. Daily, ginner, Dexter.
- Louisiana: Donna B. Winters, producer, Lake Providence; Jon W. Hardwick, producer, Newellton; Ted Schneider, producer, Lake Providence.
- Mississippi: Murry G. McClintock, ginner, Tunica; John F. Phillips III, producer, Yazoo City; and Scott Middleton, crusher, Jonestown.
- Missouri: Illinois: Allen Williams, ginner, Cardwell, M.; Steven C. Droke, producer, Hornersville, Mo.; and David Blakemore, ginner, Campbell, Mo.
- New Mexico: Johnny L. Reid, ginner, Loving; William C. Ahrens, ginner, Malaga; and Donald W. Hartman, producer, Deming.
- North Carolina: Joe Josey III, producer, Scotland Neck; Burges U. Griffin, ginner, Lewiston; and J. Michael Quinn, cooperative, Raleigh.
- Oklahoma: Kansas: Malcolm Magar, warehouser, Altus; Daniel M. Davis, producer, Elk City; and Merle R. Atkins, producer, Davidson.
- South Carolina: J. Whit Player, cooperative, Elliott; Robert E. Moore Jr., producer, Hartsville; and F.B. Rogers III, producer, Bennettsville.
- Tennessee: Kentucky: John H. Willis, producer, Brownsville, Tenn.; Wayne Tritt, ginner, Brownsville, Tenn.; and John F. Lindamood, producer, Tiptonville, Tenn.
- Texas: Randy Kennedy, ginner, Shallowater; Lee Tiller, ginner, Odem; and Sid Brough, ginner, Edroy.
- Virginia: M. L. Everette Jr., producer, Capron; Leonard B. Alphin, ginner, Windsor; and Cecil Byrum, producer, Windsor.