The Oklahoma State University Southwest Research and Extension Center in Altus announces several opportunities for farmers and industry representatives to observe research and Extension demonstrations over the next few weeks.
A peanut and cotton field tour is scheduled Sept. 23 at the Caddo Research Station, Fort Cobb. Registration begins at 4:30. Tours begin at 5:30 and include:
1) Peanut Variety Development - Kelly Chamberlin and Rebecca Bennett, USDA/ARS
2) Peanut Weed Control - Todd Baughman, OSU
3) Peanut Disease Control - John Damicone, OSU
4) Cotton Agronomy and Variety Performance - Randy Boman, OSU
5) 7:00 Dinner and Sponsor Acknowledgements
Other OSU events on tap include:
- September 25, 9:00 a.m. - Jackson County Cotton Tour - Drew Darby Farm Irrigated RACE Trial
- September 30, 9:00 a.m. - Washita/Beckham Cotton Tour – Danny Davis Dryland RACE Trial, Jack Damron Irrigated RACE Trial
- October 2, 8:30 a.m. - Tillman County Cotton Tour - John McCullough Irrigated RACE Trial possibly Roger Fischer Dryland RACE Trial
For more information contact: Jerry Goodson, OSU S.W. Research & Extension Center 16721 US Hwy. 283 Altus, Oklahoma, (580) 482-8880 office (580) 471-8969 mobile.