Beef cow-calf producers recognize the importance of staying informed on all aspects of their operation, and the third of a four-part webinar series from Iowa Beef Center will help them do just that. The session at 6 to 8 p.m. Feb. 18 focuses on cow herd profitability and market trends impacting the cow-calf producer.
Iowa State University Extension program specialist Beth Reynolds says the series is intended to provide timely topics for beef cow management and the opportunity to access the information by joining the webinar at one’s own location or at one of nine host sites listed below.
Management, marketing topics
Denise Schwab, ISU Extension beef specialist, will discuss cow herd profitability and the use of benchmarks to improve management. Lee Schulz, ISU Extension livestock economist, will discuss market trends in the beef industry and how they relate to the cow-calf producer.
There is no cost to attend an in-person location or to view the webinar at home. If you plan to attend one of the in-person locations listed below, you’re encouraged to preregister by calling the host location.
To view the webinar from your own location, you’ll need to complete the online registration form prior to the seminar. Look for the “Join this live webinar” link on the main webinar series page. Use that same link to join the seminar when it begins.
Where to attend in person
If you want to attend an in-person meeting, here are the various Iowa locations:
- Madison County Extension, 117 N. John Wayne Drive, Winterset, 515-462-1001
- Washington County Extension, 611 Highway 1 S, Washington, 319-653-4811
- Hancock County Extension, 327 West Eighth St., Garner, 641-923-2856
- Benton County Extension, 501 First Ave., Vinton, 319-472-4739
- Emmet County Extension, 26 S. 17th St., Estherville, 712-362-3434
- O’Brien County Extension office, 340 2nd St. SE, Primghar, 712-957-5045
- ISU Western Research and Demonstration Farm, 36515 Highway E34, Castana; call ISU Extension Monona County, 712-423-2175
- Sac County Extension, 620 Park Ave., Sac City, 712-662-7131
- Hansen Ag Student Learning Center, 2508 Mortensen Road, Ames, 515-294-2333
The final session of this series will be 6 to 8 p.m. March 10, with topics focusing on pasture renovation and forage management.