- 23 new soybean-based products were commercialized in 2004.
- Farmers in 29 states grow soybeans.
- 1 bu. of soybeans makes 10 lbs. of oil.
- The U.S. produces 15 billion pounds of soybean oil a year.
- 88% of consumers think soy oil is healthy.
- 78% of the oils and edible fats consumed in the U.S. are soybean based.
- Soybeans are the second largest cash crop in the U.S.
Farm Progress is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.