AutoFarm announces the release of AF-Viewer II software. Developed by Farm Works Software exclusively for AutoFarm, AF-Viewer II will offer AutoFarm GPS steering customers easy collection and field-to-office transfer of GPS-generated farm management data.
AF-Viewer II software is compatible with virtually all AutoFarm GPS steering systems currently in use.
Justin Larouche, AutoFarm director of product management says, “It is AutoFarm's intent to make our new AF-Viewer II software available to our existing customers at no charge, as long as they register their AutoFarm steering systems with a product serial number.”
AF-Viewer II software is Windows based and runs on Windows versions 2000 and higher. It will collect and store field management data and allow users to Read and Write from any of the AutoFarm terminals via datacards or USB key depending on products.
Some capabilities AF-Viewer II offers:
- Sets up files on farms, fields, crops, people, equipment, products/supplies (seed, fertilizer, chemicals).
- Reads coverage maps and boundaries created with AutoFarm hardware.
- Allows customers to collect and save in a structured archive all field data collected with AutoFarm hardware.
- Creates a job with summary information and a map that are linked together.
- Jobs and maps exportable via ArcView Shape File or FODM (XML) file.
- Print job reports that give a small map along with job summary (exportable in Adobe pdf, Word and Excel).
- Tracks precise areas tilled, planted or sprayed.
AF-Viewer II is fully compatible with other products available from Farm Works for customers requiring more elaborate precision farming tools such as VRT, Soil Sampling or Finance Management.
AutoFarm can be found on the Web at www.gpsfarm.com or reached at (650) 644-1400.